Evacuation Support

Right now, several of our families are not able to return home from Palestine, Israel and Lebanon. Many are traveling with their children. My team and I are in direct contact with family members and the State Department and working to get them all home safely. If you know of a family in our district that needs help, please let them know we are here to do everything possible to get the United States to bring them home.

For updates regarding evacuations please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/situation-in-israel-2023.html.

U.S. citizens seeking to be evacuated, should complete the State Department’s crisis intake form, or call 1-833-890-9595 (toll free) and 1-606-641-0131. When completed you’ll receive pertinent information on steps and instructions for assistance (please make sure to check your spam and junk folders). Residents should also enroll in STEP to get up-to-date safety and security information. My team and I are here to help, please do not hesitate to reach out if you are a resident of the 12th Congressional District. My team can also help connect anyone outside our district to their Representative for assistance.

The U.S. Embassy in Beirut sent the following Security Alert: https://lb.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-beirut-lebanon-october-19-2023/We have also distributed the language below to U.S. citizens registered in CACMS for the West Bank:

Land Borders:
U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents with Palestinian Authority passports/IDs may not be able to reach U.S. Embassy Jerusalem or Branch Office Tel Aviv for emergency passport service or access to Ben Gurion Airport for the scheduled assisted departure flights due to closures of checkpoints between the West Bank and Israel. If you are unable to enter Israel from the West Bank, you should use the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge to depart the West Bank.

For more information about the status of the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge crossing, see https://www.iaa.gov.il/en/land-border-crossings/alenbi/ or call +972-02-548-2600.

Dual national U.S citizens with expired U.S. passports may be able to cross using a valid passport from their other country of nationality and renew their U.S. passport at the U.S. Embassy in Amman.

U.S. Embassy – Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number (emergencies during business hours): +962 6 590-6000
Phone number (emergencies after business hours): +962 6 590-6500

Contact the U.S. Citizen Services Unit
Embassy website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
Register for a passport appointment here
You can register for the Department of State’s Smart Traveler
Enrollment Program (STEP) here

From Israel:
If you can travel into Israel, commercial flights are still available.  The U.S. government is also facilitating charter flight transportation for U.S. citizens; we urge those wishing to leave
to take advantage of these commercial flights and charters while they are available. Flight departures will continue on a rolling basis from Ben Gurion International Airport through at least Sunday, October 22.

Please go to Ben Gurion International Airport, Terminal 3 if you wish to take advantage of assisted departure.

State Department – Consular Affairs1-833-890-9595 (toll free) and 1-606-641-0131
U.S. citizens local number